The addition to the 1913 Shaw Building fills a gap between existing buildings which was once used for an unbecoming parking lot. The 50'x50' addition is combined with the basement and main level of the existing building to accommodate a microbrewery operation. The building’s transparency and the ease with which one can see into the operation give the street a greater interest. The addition, although contemporary, respects the historic Shaw Building. The historic painted signage on the south façade of the Shaw Building is preserved and visually disturbed as little as possible. A mixture of uses is anticipated on the upper levels.
2006 Prairie Design Awards (AAA, SAA, MAA) / Award of Merit - Heritage Restoration / Conservation
2005 Edmonton Urban Design Awards / Honourable Mention - Urban Architecture